Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Need DNS and any other settings for Dynadot free basic hosting with Microsoft Office 365
4/22/2020 12:40
I set up a free web site (one page) using the basic service from Dynadot for my domain, and verified it worked.  Then I set up Microsoft 365 (new name for Office 365) on my domain, and was able to get email to work (within domain, inbound from my gmail account, and outbound from my domain to my gmail account).  However, at that point, my Dynadot hosted web site failed:

This site can’t be reached
www.MYDOMAIN.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Current DNS settings:
Name servers
ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns3.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns4.bdm.microsoftonline.com

Custom DNS:
TXT,MS=msXXXXXXXX (provided by MS)
MX,0,MYDOMAIN-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
TTL,1HR

Just now, I went back and linked the web site I built in the Dynadot hosting and "linked" it to my domain, and I can now reach the web site once again - but now email from outside the domain does not reach Microsoft 365 with a 550 error:

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:
550 recipient unrecognized

I can't be the first person in history who is trying to use Dynadot hosting with a Microosft 365 email service, but can't find on Google or these forums any help with basic config.  Help?  Thanks!!!
Reply Quote
4/27/2020 10:04
We had a look at your settings, and it appears that the IP addresses associated with your host (Microsoft) appear to be missing. Once you retrieve these from the host and insert them into your custom DNS settings, this should solve the problem. We hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out to us through our online chat on the top right of your screen in our Support drop down menu with additional concerns.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
n_s_brooklyn_us_3 replied teamdynadot :5/1/2020 14:58
test
Reply Quote
d_m_hillsborough_us_1 replied n_s_brooklyn_us_3 :5/26/2020 07:31
I'm not sure what the IP addresses are for Microsoft 365, and how to get them.  MS 365 is the world's most commonly used email hosting service - do you have a knowledgebase article on configuring this?  Please advise.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied d_m_hillsborough_us_1 :7/3/2020 02:45
We can't provide unfortunately. We would suggest you contact Microsoft 365 to obtain the setting details.
Reply Quote