Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email and domain forwarding confusion
Posted By ls_za
2/16/2008 17:16
Hi,

I need an opinion on whether the following setup is possible on Dynadot:

I would like to register a domain (say mydomain.com), to be used by me and a friend. This should include separate forwards for email and subdomains. For example, I would use

[email protected] -> [email protected]
me.mydomain.com -> www.facebook.com/myface

while my friend would use

[email protected] -> [email protected]
him.mydomain.com -> www.flickr.com/hisphotos

Before I actually register the domain, I would like to know if any of this is possible on Dynadot, or whether I can achieve it in some other way (say through web hosting or email hosting in general).

Regards,
Ludwig
Reply Quote
2/19/2008 16:15
While you could use our email aliases to set up the email forwarding, we currently do not offer the ability to forward subdomains to another webpage.  You would need to have a web server setup to forward the subdomains to the appropriate webpage and then use the Advanced DNS setting to set the subdomain to the web server's IP address.

The other alternative is to set your domain to use the name servers of a free DNS service and have the DNS service forward both the email and the subdomains appropriately.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
idrnet replied teamdynadot :10/4/2020 12:50
what a pitty, why?

so we can't forward subdomains & have a catchall email address forwarding at the same time?

subdomain.domain.com --> google.com
[email protected]      --> [email protected]
Reply Quote
Posted By ls_za
2/20/2008 10:34
Thanks! That cleared it up.
Reply Quote