Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Do A records cost extra money and transfer lock
3/29/2017 23:50
Hi,
I had some questions. I recently registered a domain name here. I know i can point it to my ip address, creating a A record and subdomains like www. Does that cost me extra money?

I noticed transfer lock is enabled (i think most registrars you have to wait 60 days anyway), i was wondering why AWS route53 (where i manage my other domains) does not have transfer lock enabled by default (probably more of a question for them).

If one does not have transfer lock enabled, can someone just take your domain away?

Also - is it possible to manage this dynadot domain in my AWS console with my other domains? Would i have to transfer it to Gandi (their registrar). I'm not sure about the process, for now i think i will just keep it here. Probably good for resiliency as well.

Thanks everyone.
Reply Quote
5/31/2019 11:43
There's no additional fee for setting up A records or subdomains when you register a domain name with us.

The transfer lock means that the epp code required for transferring away to another provider would not be generated. If you were to decide to transfer to another registrar down the road, you would need to unlock the domain to generate that code. So long as you are the only one with your login information, no one else has the ability to unlock and transfer your domain.

You can still use the AWS control panel, as you have simply registered the domain name with us.
Reply Quote