Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
CNAME Domain
12/15/2006 23:02
I am using a www.invisionfree.com hosted forum and theres an option to link directly to your domain, (Domain Manager) and it says:

Add Domain Name
Domain:
Example: forums.example.com
You do not need to add a separate www.forums.example.com record.

The domain should point to z3.invisionfree.com with a CNAME record.

I want to make it link to http://boards.hockeylives.com

I don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
12/17/2006 16:05
Sorry, our Dynadot DNS options does not allow the setting of CNAME records right now. We are currently rewriting our DNS options to support more options, including CNAMEs. But it won't be ready for a few weeks.
Reply Quote
12/17/2006 19:40
Although I register my domains at Dynadot, I use EveryDNS.net for my nameservers. It does support CNAME and many other features, so you may want to try it out.
Reply Quote
12/29/2006 14:39
Just to update this post, our Dynadot DNS now supports CNAMEs.
Reply Quote
1/9/2007 15:10
where can I change it?
Reply Quote
1/10/2007 11:41
You can add/change CNAMEs in the Dynadot DNS domain server selection box. Our help section shows how to navigate to there:

How do I set up DNS for my domain?
http://www.dynadot.com/help/question.html?aid=4
Reply Quote
1/28/2007 11:39
edit: got it to work.

[This post has been edited by t_b_mississauga_ca on Jan 28, 2007 1:38pm.]
Reply Quote
1/28/2007 15:56
I'm a little bit confused... Where am I supposed to get the IP address for the domain? I just need to change the CNAME record.
Reply Quote
1/29/2007 16:00
The IP address is the IP address of your web server.  If your web host gave you name servers to use, you will need to set your CNAME record with your web host, not us.
Reply Quote
1/30/2007 01:52
That's why I'm confused. I don't have a host for my domain. But I need to change the CNAME record. How can I do this?
Reply Quote
1/30/2007 12:24
If you don't have an IP address for your domain, you can enter in "127.0.0.1".  This is the default IP address which points to your own computer.
Reply Quote