Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Cannot pay for auction that I’ve won
8/5/2022 04:00
I’ve won an auction for the domain name julia.sh and have sufficient money in my account to pay the bid. I got a threatening email that I have to pay within 48 hours or I lose the bid and cannot bid again. So, how can I pay for the bid? Is it related to my account being locked? I tried to unlock it but that takes at least 2 days it says.
Reply Quote
11/17/2022 08:59
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Dynadot. We have not received your payment for the Expired Domain on time. We have notified you with an email for your PAYMENT DUE. Since payment for the expired domain auction was not received it has been canceled.

As per our guidelines you need to set up your marketplace default payment settings first if you want to pay through your account balance. Setting this up allows our system to put through your payment automatically so your order can complete on time.

Please feel free to contact us by chat if you require any help in future.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Reply Quote