Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
ME Domains Coming Soon
7/14/2008 19:08
Domain names ending in ME will be launching on July 17. ME domains are for individuals. Imagine registering:

yourname.ME
yourhobby.ME
yournickname.ME

The price of ME domains is $19.99/year, with a 2 year minumum. You can check now to see if your ME domain is still available:

http://www.dynadot.com

Orders placed before the launch date will be put on hold. Our system will automatically try to register the domain when ME launches.

NOTES:
 Anyone can register a ME domain. There are no restrictions.
 The exact launch date is July 17 at 15:00 UTC (8AM PDT).
 More info about ME domains can be found here: http://www.domain.me/
 For orders placed before July 17, we cannot guarantee a successful registration. Other people may be trying to register the same domain. If the domain cannot be registered, you will receive an account credit.
Reply Quote
7/14/2008 22:19
When I check a name on domain.me, they tell me record is "not found." But when I try registering on DD, it says the name is taken.
Reply Quote
7/15/2008 01:24
What does 'not found' means?

I checked several names and all were unavailable for registration but listed as 'not found' in the whois info.
Reply Quote
7/15/2008 08:17
They are probably reserved be the central registry.
Reply Quote
7/15/2008 10:58
Some of the premium domains are reserved by the ME central registry for auction later. Also, trademark holders have already had a chance to register their domains too.

The July 17 launch is for the general public, and is first come first serve.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Jul 15, 2008 10:58am.]
Reply Quote
7/15/2008 14:17
How much the .me the reception time of the registration of a domain? A day of a neighbourhood shows a processed state, in that manner that I paid it off. Meanwhile if again down I would want to register it the domain is laughing, then the system would allow. How this is????
Reply Quote
Posted By seren
7/15/2008 16:10
I'm looking forward to the 17th! You're showing the best price for a .me domain, so I'll be back to buy one!
Reply Quote
7/15/2008 20:07
ME domains, the true definition (wikipedia.org)

.me is an Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) that has been assigned to Montenegro.

This follows Montenegro's June 3, 2006 declaration of independence from Serbia and Montenegro, which used the code YU.

The .me registry is operated by doMEn, which won a contract to do so after a bid process conducted by the government of Montenegro.

In addition to declaring .me independent of .yu, a new .rs domain is to be deployed for Serbian use.

ICANN resolved[1] that .me be delegated to the Government of Montenegro, with the former .yu domain to be operated temporarily by the .rs domain registry, Serbian National Register of Internet Domain Names, until its eventual abolition on or before 30 September 2009.

.ME registry
www.domen.me .ME registry in Montenegrin
www.domain.me .ME registry in English
www.nic.me Former .ME registry
Government of Montenegro
www.me Montenegro general information
www.gov.me Government of Montenegro
www.szr.gov.me Secretariat for Economic Development
University of Montenegro
www.ucg.ac.me University of Montenegro main site
www.cis.ac.me Centre for Information Systems
www.etf.ac.me Faculty of Electrical Engineering
www.ef.ac.me
www.ekonomija.ac.me Faculty of Economics
www.pmf.ac.me Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Reply Quote
Posted By seren
7/16/2008 02:54
Is it worth me trying to register a domain now? Or should I just wait until tomorrow? (Is impatient! LOL!!)
Reply Quote
7/16/2008 07:03
RC wrote to me,"Also, the minimum registration period is now reduced to 1 year."
Is it true?Why the minimum registration period is still 2 years at Dynadot?
Reply Quote
Posted By dax
7/16/2008 09:00
will the API work for .me from the kick off?
Reply Quote