Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot DNS Improvement
12/20/2006 22:58
You can now specify a different ip address for:
 mydomain.com
 www.mydomain.com
Before both had to have the same ip address.

Also, we added support for CNAME records.
Reply Quote
1/5/2007 13:18
I appreciate the CNAME support, but what about offering full DNS access
to advanced users? What if I want to modify the TTL values?
Or create a SRV record?
What if I want to specify a distinct MX record for a subdomain?
What if I want to treat dynadot nameservers as public secondaries, and
maintain dns through my own private master?
Right now I feel like I'm using mitts, which limits my enthusiasm for dynadot.
Reply Quote
1/7/2007 00:04
You make some very good suggestions. I have added them to our feature request list.
Reply Quote
7/29/2008 09:59
It has been some time since the first discussion here. I'm also interested in SRV records support, would you please let me know when do you plan to add this feature?

[This post has been edited by z_m_skopje_mk on Jul 29, 2008 10:00am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
7/30/2008 12:53
Agreed with the above.
It's a step in the right direction but DNS management can still be improved. Your call Dynabest o:)
Reply Quote
Posted By matias
8/2/2008 04:19
Related to this, could you please explain why there are (what I see as) arbitrary limits on the number of DNS records one can have with the Dynadot DNS?

The number of A and CNAME records is sufficient, but why only 3 MX records?  Why not just say 25 A, CNAME or MX records?

UPDATE: Especially as you just recently combined the A and CNAME records...

[This post has been edited by m_k_helsinki_fi on Aug 2, 2008 4:21am.]
Reply Quote
10/21/2009 06:51
Hi Dynadot,

Please give us feedback whether you are going to implement the DNS SRV records feature soon, or we should look for this option at 3rd parties.
Reply Quote
1/26/2011 04:37
We have the same questions.  Why only 3 MX records?  Why is the DNS TTL not modifiable?  Why is the original post from this topic over 4 YEARS ago and nothing has been done to fix the situation?

[This post has been edited by solarsky on Jan 26, 2011 4:45am.]
Reply Quote
1/27/2011 12:09
We believe that for most customers, 3 MX records and the 4 hour DNS TTL is sufficient. Also, there are a number of free DNS service providers you can use. That said, for 2011 we are looking to upgrade our hardware to better accommodate advanced users.
Reply Quote
Posted By splat
5/26/2011 08:14
Just wanted to say I was coming here to ask for this as well.

For example I'm moving my name servers to a new server with a new IPs and it would be (err would have been) extremely helpful to use dynadot as a transitional service while I transfer the private nameservers to the new IPs.

Most every other registrar I have used offers this, but I was surprised it is not here!
Reply Quote
9/3/2011 21:06
+ 1 for the secondary dns need
Reply Quote