Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Stored credit cards
1/24/2014 18:37
What's the point of having stored credit cards in our account if we have to enter the credit card number and cvv code every time?  I understand you providing some sort of security, but really, having to enter the entire card number every time is useless.  Amazon stores our card info and all we have to do is select it, don't have to re-enter anything.  
There's so many times I'm at my desk and want to pay for domains, but don't have my wallet with me, and it would be really helpful to be able to actually used the stored card function, and not have to get up and search for my wallet.

</rant>
Reply Quote
1/26/2014 15:48
We may employ something like this in the future.  Perhaps asking for only the CVV and billing zip code, much like other major sites are doing these days.  It is set up as it is now for added security.
Reply Quote
2/21/2014 10:38
As it is now, there's really no benefit since we have to re-enter the credit card number.  the function is pretty useless the way it is.  Hopefully you guys can make this change in the near future
Reply Quote
2/23/2014 16:19
Thanks for the suggestion.  We've been erring on the side of security, but I agree it is time to revisit the policy.
Reply Quote
1/21/2018 16:08
I have the same complaint - saved credit cards require the same amount of wallet-searching and typing as non-saved cards.

R D Brookfield's post illustrates the inconvenience of current policy and lists the advantages of changing  it. Your (Dynadot's) last comment seems to express agreement, yet it dates from 2014, 4 years ago. Now in 2018, I urge Dynadot to address this inconvenience.

Please consider one of the following:
a. Require only the 3-digit CCV code for stored cards, OR
b. Eliminate stored cards entirely, if you still have security concerns.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied tlg_long_beach :1/27/2018 23:37
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We will list that into our feature list and see if we could add that in the future.
Reply Quote
tlg_long_beach replied teamdynadot :5/2/2018 04:24
Just renewed a domain and was thrilled to see that only my CCV code was required!
Thanks Dynadot, I like doing business with a company that listens to its customers.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied tlg_long_beach :5/2/2018 06:12
The pleasure is ours.
Reply Quote