Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
IMAP support?
10/30/2018 06:02
Are there plans for adding IMAP support for email hosting? According to this page Dynadot does not "currently" support IMAP which makes it sound like it's a planned feature. https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/POP3-SMTP-settings
Reply Quote
10/30/2018 10:45
Hello,

Plans to support IMAP have been in the works for this year. There is no concrete timeframe for that launch, however.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
d_h_lawrence_us_1 replied teamdynadot :12/23/2019 23:20
Hi,

I was wondering if you are any closer to launching IMAP support?
Is it still something you are hoping to support or have plans been dropped?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied d_h_lawrence_us_1 :12/25/2019 01:24
It's still on our feature list, unfortunately we do not a time frame when it'll be available at this time.
Reply Quote
11/24/2021 18:51
Any support on this? I got my domain here via Dynadot and added email hosting and surprised IMAP is not supported. Any ETA for this to be added?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied m_w_endwell_us :12/7/2021 21:26
Hi, we unfortunately don't have an ETA for this feature for now. We will post a message when it is available.
Reply Quote
12/17/2021 23:58
You people conned me into buying your "pro" web site hosting and email hosting for a project because the description page implied it was a fully functional email service. Hint! It's almost 2022 -- POP without IMAP is NOT A PROFESSIONAL QUALITY SYSTEM!  I'm embarrassed in front of the client I set this up for; they want to be able to operate with the same account visible on multiple phones and PCs, and that means IMAP (or ActiveSync, I suppose).

Now, is there a way to use a 3rd party email service (like Zoho, they have a real service) while still using your web hosting? It looks like selecting the web hosting locked down DNS entry so that MX records, etc. became impossible to set up, and that switching back to your DNS disables web hosting. That'll force me to migrate this client off your tinkertoy system and rebuild the whole site elsewhere at my own expense, and if that happens, I'm taking a fairly large number of domains elsewhere .

Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied e_w_plano_us :12/29/2021 21:53
I'm very sorry for your unpleasant experience so far. The IMAP hasn't been fully implemented yet. It is possible to use our sitebuilder and a third-part email hosting, and absolutely possible to set both of them under Dynadot DNS. You may check this guide to connect the sitebuilder through the DNS too: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/connect-to-Website-Builder-DNS
Reply Quote
2/2/2022 10:01
I'll be looking for another service in the future to host my domain and email if IMAP is not supported by the end of the year.

This is not a professional service in my own opinion since it lacks a major feature that most hosting companies have already and was expecting IMAP to be there but it's not.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied m_w_endwell_us :2/8/2022 21:16
Hello. IMAP for email hosting has been softly launched last month. You can see IMAP Remote Access in your email hosting. IMAP is still under final testing. Please feel free to report any problems you may encounter.
Reply Quote
m_w_endwell_us replied teamdynadot :2/9/2022 19:02
Thanks, I post an encounter I see now. When I switch from POP3 to IMAP by clicking on the bottom for remote access for IMAP nothing happens and it still displays the settings for POP3 and it will not switch over to IMAP.

I do not see the settings required for IMAP at this time and cannot connect outlook with my two email accounts.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied m_w_endwell_us :2/22/2022 23:56
It looks you have contacted our chat support already. Please feel free to report any issue you may have.
Reply Quote