Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email Issues
11/17/2009 04:31
I am having issues with my email lately. A while back (almost a year ago) I setup my domain email to work with Google Apps, and everything has been working perfectly, until recently. Now, when I send an email it arrives with the "From" address of "[email protected]". Also, when I try the "Test Account Settings" under my email account in Outlook I receive the test email along with another email specifying a delivery failure as follows:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (state 14)."

Can you please assist me in resolving this issue?
Reply Quote
11/22/2009 11:45
Is this an issue with DynaDot or Google?
Reply Quote
1/3/2010 09:19
I am still having this issue, except the email address stays correct now. I still receive a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" message from [email protected].

Error message details:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (state 14).

I contacted Google and went through their Troubleshooter page and all indicates that something is misconfigured with my DynaDot account. I've verified my MX Records are correct (as they have been for over a year now).

Can you please take a look at the following page and confirm that there is not something blocking my email at DynaDot? Thanks!

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=80086
Reply Quote
1/3/2010 09:25
It seems that I can receive email at my domain from hotmail email addresses, but not from other Gmail email addresses. Here's some info from Google:

Occasionally, Gmail IP addresses are included on 'suspicious' lists by third-party organizations, like SORBS. Here are some suggestions that will help your domain receive valid messages and maintain a low level of spam:

* Try using a spam classifier, like SpamAssassin. When determining if a mail is valid, spam classifiers consider many aspects of the message, rather than just looking at the IP address.
   * If you use a third-party block list, you should have a whitelisting mechanism in your SMTP gateway.
   * Using only one list, such as SORBS, is not recommended.
   * Avoid using lists that only expire entries after long periods of time, or even worse, never. We recommend using a 48-hour list that only keeps records of recent spam activity.

If your domain still has trouble receiving messages from Gmail users, please follow the troubleshooting steps below. At each step, we'll provide instructions or further questions to help narrow down the issue you're facing.
Reply Quote
1/3/2010 09:29
Hi,
I'm having the same problem.
Though emails can still be sent, is not receiving any emails at all, returning the sender that same error message.
After googling several sites, it seems to be a problem within the Dynadot account.
Any Dynadot staff that could help us out?
Thanks!
Reply Quote
1/3/2010 09:39
I just checked another Google troubleshooter tool (http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=75869&topic=11543) which verifies the MX records and all looks to be okay from outside of DynaDot. This is definitely an issue which can only be resolved by DynaDot.

I would greatly appreciate prompt resolution in this matter. I rely on this domain and it's emails. I would not like to have to switch everything over to a new host.
Reply Quote
1/4/2010 12:29
I've confirmed that the issue is specifically with receiving emails at my domain from Gmail users. I have set the MX records to point to Google's server as I have the email hosted via Google Apps. Email sent to me ends up in my Google Apps domain email box, unless it is sent from an email address @gmail.com. I receive email from all other addresses it seems (I've tried a @hotmail.com email and receive emails from other domains). I can even successfully send email to @gmail.com email addresses. If an email is sent from an address @gmail.com I never receive the message and the sender receives the error I've mentioned previously.

I'd guess that when an @gmail.com address emails me it is coming from Google's email servers and not being forwarded back to Google's servers by DynaDot. I can see how this may end up being blocked as malicious by firewalls as the sender and forwarding address are probably very similar. I would appreciate if DynaDot would correct the issue.
Reply Quote
1/4/2010 17:59
b_t_alexandria_ca:  Since your first, required record is a CNAME instead of an IP address, mail delivery will fail.  Once you change your records to IP addresses rather than "webhost.dynadot.com" email delivery will continue.  

h_c_amsterdam_nl:

The problem with your account is that you've set up Mailbox users but not actual email addresses.  

The only email address that you have set up is the default [email protected].  To set up email addresses, please follow these steps:

How do I create domain email addresses in my Email plan?

To create domain email addresses for your Email package, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Emails" from the left-side menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Sign In" link. A new page should load in a new browser window.
  4. On the Mailboxes section, located in the bottom left corner of the screen, click the Mailbox icon (Manage Mailboxes).
  5. Click “Create New Mailbox” on the top right corner.
  6. Enter the email address in the provided form.
  7. Press the "Create" button to save your changes.

Our Pro Email plan supports an unlimited number of email addresses. Learn how to access your email and find out how to turn on a "catch all" email address, so you'll never miss an email just because of a typo!

You can also visit the Email FAQ section of our help files for more info about how to set up your email with various platforms such as Gmail, Mac Mail, your iPad and iPhone, and more.

From Help Section: Email Hosting > Email > How do I create domain email addresse...
Reply Quote
1/5/2010 14:24
I'll try that, but I don't see how that could be.

webhost.dynadot.com is the DNS name for the IP address 208.78.242.185 (which you specified as the IP address to use). Also, I've been using my email without issues for several months setup using the DNS name rather than the IP address. Naturally, I had to use a CNAME record rather than an A record, but it worked exactly the same (up until recently).
I've made the changes and will wait patiently to see if they correct the issue. Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
1/11/2010 17:29
Since trying as you suggested, everything has been working fine. I admit that I don't understand how that solved the problem, but I appreciate the assistance. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Posted By t_t_89
8/20/2020 17:27
I just created my email hosting and I sent myself a email and the email did not deliver. What could be the problem?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied t_t_89 :9/1/2020 23:23
Looks like our online chat support has been able to assist you.
Reply Quote
j_b_san_antonio_cr replied t_t_89 :11/12/2020 21:30
The problem with your account is that you've set up Mailbox users but not actual email addresses.  

The only email address that you have set up is the default [email protected].  To set up email addresses, please follow these steps:

How do I create domain email addresses in Email Hosting?

To create domain email addresses for Email Hosting, please follow these steps:

Sign in to your Dynadot account.
Select "My Hosting" from the left-side menu bar.
Click on the "Edit Website" link under the "Edit Site" column. A new page should load in a new browser window.
Click on the "Admin" tab in the main menu and then on "Mailbox Admin" in the sub-menu. Find out why "Mailbox Admin" may not appear.
Enter the email address in the provided form.
Press the "Create New Mailbox" button to save your changes.
Our Email Hosting supports an unlimited number of email addresses (it's not called "Email Hosting" for nothing!). Learn how to access your email and find out how to turn on a "catch all" email address, so you will never miss an email just because of a typo!

You can also visit the Email Hosting FAQ section of our help files for more info about how to set up your email with various platforms such as Gmail, Mac Mail, your iPad and iPhone, and more.
Reply Quote