Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Euro Code IDN -- how is Legacy domains viewed now?
10/2/2009 14:02
I am looking at purchasing some domains which have the legacy € (euro symbol) as part of the name. I note that Verisign says:

"The Euro symbol is included in a set of codepoints that is blocked. There are some legacy registrations that contain the symbol, but new registrations are not allowed."

Can someone explain to me if the sites with the legacy names are able to be viewed by European countries as € -- or is the punycode everywhere, and no longer able to appear as a symbol in any name, throughout the world?

Also, does this mean even if I purchase them, legacy or not, I cannot renew the old registration?

Please let me know asap...

Thanks
Reply Quote
10/2/2009 14:49
Hello,

could you PM me the list of domains wiht the extention.
I can give advice and know more about this.

Sincere
Greetings
Reply Quote
10/3/2009 19:36
If you own a domain with a euro symbol, you can keep it and keep renewing it. And it will work in browsers.

But any new domains cannot be registered with the euro symbol. And if you don't renew a domain with a euro symbol and it get's deleted, you can't register it again.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote