Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
DOMAINNAMES VS DOMAIN-NAMES POINTERS
12/24/2006 23:18
My personial thoughts on domain names
examplepages.com is worth more then example-pages.com
but then which is better for resaults if you were searching for example pages I think the best thing to do is get bouth and use the example-pages as a pointer but I COULD BE WRONG what would be the best domain name for top resaults on the search example pages
Reply Quote
Posted By raph
12/26/2006 00:34
I must agree with you, I prefer seeing domains without the hyphen (-), but for search result efficency it doesn't make a difference. The search engine scans for the completed word, so whether it's www.example-pages.com or www.examplepages.com the search engine can still see the complete word example.
In some cases having a domain name without the (-) can mislead or confuse people as to what it is meant to mean. I think you should use a domain without the hyphen, unless it is misleading. It really won't make a difference in the search engine rankings, what they mostly look at is the content of your site anyway. META tags are the key.
Reply Quote