Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Wierd 'JackAScript.Org' TXT records showing up in our DNS
5/31/2013 09:50
I just noticed today that TXT records with the value 'JackAScript.Org' were set the DNS records for a few of our domains.
We did not set these records, and I've removed. Dynadot staff - do you have any idea what caused this? Are your systems being hacked?
Reply Quote
Posted By jaguar
6/2/2013 13:41
This has happened to us too. No IP addresses other than ours show up in our account's recent logins (dating back to 5/16).

What is going on?
Reply Quote
Posted By n_k
6/2/2013 23:33
Are these domains parked or are you using any DNS services? The default settings may have been changed .
Reply Quote
Posted By jaguar
6/3/2013 05:54
Using DNS service. Domains that were not using Dynadot DNS were unaffected.
Reply Quote
6/3/2013 17:12
Seeing the same thing.  Why do I have unauthorized TXT records?

Also experiencing intermittent DNS outages and errors from different parts of the US.

DynaDot came highly recommended and we like the service, but what is going on here?
Reply Quote
6/9/2013 08:22
I've got the same issue. Just noticed them.
Reply Quote
6/9/2013 09:08
Sorry about this guys.  This was a database copy error on our part.  The TXT records are harmless and should be deleted.  We do apologize for the trouble.
Reply Quote
9/24/2013 09:07
One of our domains also had this set..  it would have been nice to have had a notification about the incident.  
I'm sure a database query could have been created to identify users with that TXT record set.
Reply Quote
9/29/2013 12:30
At this time we are asking anyone who sees one of these harmless, but unnecessary, records to delete them manually.  We apologize again for the error.
Reply Quote