Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email forwarding delays
5/1/2013 18:38
Since Monday I have only been receiving a trickle of emails (1 -2 per day) forwarded from my domain whereas normally I'd get 20 - 50 per day.

Are you aware of any issues/backlogs with email forwarding?

I've had issues like this in the past that were related to your expanding into new servers with a different source IP address that my ISP was blocking as a suspected source of SPAM, however since
**some** messages **are** getting through - after a delay of 24 - 48 hours -  this looks to be a differnt issue.

Can you please advise.

Thanks & regards
Reply Quote
Posted By kryten
5/2/2013 08:14
I'm not getting any email forwarding at all. A reply from Dynadot would be helpful!
Reply Quote
5/3/2013 04:58
Can someone from Dynadot Tech Support please investigate and respond.

I just received a test email that I sent on Tuesday - nearly 3 days ago now.

There is some serious latency in your forwarding servers.
Reply Quote
Posted By c_c_us
5/3/2013 12:37
I am having the same problems with email forwarded by dynadot. E.g., on the morning of 5/1, I received 4 (different) messages that had been sent on 4/29 and 1 that had been sent on 4/30 before noon, and nothing else.
Reply Quote
5/3/2013 18:08
If i purchase a .com.au from a company such as crazydomains.com and i buy my webhosting from dynadot can you host the website or will you charge me for using a .com.au ?
Reply Quote
5/3/2013 23:22
In the last 12 hours I have received around 45 emails with sent dates of Friday (3 May) PM and Saturday (4 May)AM.  That would tend to suggest that the problem has been fixed - at least for "new" messages - however it does not help with regard to messages expected from Monday - Friday AM.

Dynadot - some communication on this issue would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
5/16/2013 15:21
We were getting a lot of spam messages, roughly 70,000 per day, sent to our customers which we then forwarded as requested.  People received the spam and marked it such, but it was our server that took the hit, not the original sender.  This resulted in us being blacklisted as a spam source, not to mention the slow delivery caused by the clogged server.  

So, we migrated to a new server and decided to send mail ourselves instead of using a 3rd party.  Some messages sent prior to May 3/4 were eventually delivered. Others bounced back to their senders.  Anything sent after that date are being sent over our new server and should not be delayed at all.  

With that problem fixed, we are now poised to serve our customers faster and better than ever.  I hope it was worth the trouble.  ;)
Reply Quote