Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
DNS down again???
8/26/2019 03:55
ns1 and ns2 are not responding to lookups.
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 05:34
I've no email (mx) third day now. I think this company is based somewhere in the garage with one operating cowboy not even replaying to tickets.
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 06:00
I just got off with support: Sorry we are having DNS issues, engineering is working on it but no ETA!!
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 11:42
I wasn't able to get a firm time from the Chat support as to when the name servers would be back up.
Like you mentioned, both ns1.dynadot.com and ns2.dynadot.com name servers were not responding.

I've since changed two of my domain's name servers from Dynadot's custom DNS settings to instead point to a different name server instead.
First write down i.e. copy/paste any settings if you use their custom DNS Settings so that you have them - a screenshot also helps although may cutoff important info. Highlighting all in each field then copy/pasting seems the safest - ensure you write down the correct type of record (A record, CNAME, TXT etc).

Then re-setup on a different name server hosting provider and re-enter all your settings.
Then point your domain's name servers over to the new name servers.

Reply QuoteHide Replies
nymbler replied l_h_delta_ca :8/27/2019 00:36
Need to do the same ASAP. Who did you use?
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 12:47
oh ffs this is sort of unconscionable
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 18:47
Same problems here. Email has been down all day.
Reply Quote