Forums

Forums -> Server incidents -> Conflicting error messages when editing name server addresses! Please fix ASAP!
g_p_sutton_us posted:
I am trying to change the names servers on http://SurfForLocalMusic.com but I am receiving conflicting messages.  
When I go to change the DNS settings, the server address to ns6055.hostgator.com and ns6056.hostgator.com
I receive message No#1 below and thenI go to un-forward the email and I receive message No#2 below. Very confusing and time consuming.
message No#1:
Please turn off email forwarding before setting name servers.
message No#2:
Please select one of our DNS services (parking, forwarding, stealth forwarding, or web hosting) before setting up your email forwarding settings.
I need to get this resolved ASAP please!
Glen Peladeau
ReplyQuote2/20/2016 17:07
teamdynadot posted:
Our system will allow you to set DNS or name servers, but not both. You can use email forwarding with DNS, but you cannot use it with name servers. Email would be configured through your host if you decide to use name servers. Also, name servers should be set on the name servers page rather than the DNS page. Instructions are below.

How do I set my name servers for my domain?

To set your name servers, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Name Servers" icon.
  4. Click on the "Name Servers" tab.

There are two ways to set your name servers:

1. To add new name servers, look at Option 1. Enter your two name servers in the provided text boxes, and then click the "Enter Name Servers" button to save your changes.
  2. If you have already entered the name servers for another domain and would like to re-use them, look at Option 2. Choose the name servers from the drop-down menus (you can choose up to 10 different name servers), and then click the "Select Name Servers" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

From Help Section: Account Management > Domain Settings > How do I set my name servers for my d...
ReplyQuote3/18/2016 15:39