Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
i want to transfer my domain/park/ somewhere else how todo this?
10/21/2009 07:54
im trying to park my domain and lock it somewhere else and i cant get it to work..can anny one help me with it.
i already unlock it and remove all name servers/
thanks.
Reply Quote
10/21/2009 15:51
I'm a little unclear on what you are trying to do.  

Are you trying to connect your domain name with your Hosting company?  To do that, you just need to change your Name Servers:

1.  Log into your Dynadot account.
2.  Click on the "Domains" tab at the top of the page.
3.  Find your domain on the list and check the box next to it.  Press the "Set Name Servers" button.
4.  Enter your two Name Servers in the very first boxes.  Then press the "Enter Name Servers" button.
Reply Quote
10/22/2009 07:56
thanks for your reply..
no what i wanna do is this...
move the domain name i own to other webhost-company
and lock it there...and not here....
Reply Quote
10/22/2009 16:27
Okay, to do that, you need to follow these steps:

How do I transfer my domain away from Dynadot?

We're sorry to see your domain go! There are a few things you should do to prepare your domain to be transferred - and you should do this before starting your transfer order at your new registrar.

To prepare your domain to be transferred away from Dynadot, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Make sure your domain is not close to expiring by checking its expiration date on our "Manage Domains" page in the "My Domains" menu. Your transfer may still go through even if it expires during the process, but this is not guaranteed, so we recommend starting the transfer process at least 2 weeks before the domain's expiration date.
  3. Also on the "Manage Domains" page, you can click the ellipsis icon beside your domain name to check if the Whois information for the domain is correct. Your new registrar will be sending an email to your registrant email address to confirm the transfer. If it is not correct, you should update your Whois email. If you are using our privacy service, we will forward the email to your account email.
  4. You will then need to unlock your domain, which you can also do from the "Manage Domains" page.
  5. Once you've unlocked your domain, you will be able to get your domain's authorization code, which you will need to give to your new registrar.
  6. Make sure you leave your domain unlocked during the transfer process; however, we recommend locking your account again to ensure its security.

You are now ready to initiate the domain transfer at your future registrar's website.

Please note: We strongly recommend initiating your domain transfer at least 2 weeks prior to its expiration date.

From Help Section: Domains > Domain Transfers > How do I transfer my domain away from...
Reply Quote