Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Wow, that sucked!
3/3/2009 08:03
No email or nothing?
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 08:04
Yeah, seriously. What the hell, Dynadot? I'm this close to transferring my domains elsewhere. Downtime is acceptable, but a complete lack of communication is unacceptable.
Reply Quote
Posted By rossh
3/3/2009 08:12
All I want from dynadot is to be able to unlock all of my recently transferred in domains so I can transfer them out.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 08:14
I think that will happen a lot over the next few months. It's a shame, Dynadot was great and I have used them for 4 years..having 3 days of down time with no email or statement..what can you expect?
Reply Quote
Posted By rossh
3/3/2009 08:18
I like you can live with downtime just fine. I have totally realistic expectations and understand things just break. What I refuse to live with is a company that doesn't communicate and leaves their customers in the dark. It is entirely unacceptable to me.

[This post has been edited by rossh on Mar 3, 2009 8:20am.]
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 08:19
Sorry we didn't send out am email. Our main server was down, which is also where all the email addresses are located.

We will send out an email later today, now that our system is back.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
Posted By rossh
3/3/2009 08:23
And you couldn't post this....give status updates on your little notice page? What a crap excuse....You guys failed many of your customers here not because of the downtime but because how you failed to communicate.
Reply Quote
3/3/2009 08:24
How about you could have said that on the dynadot homepage, rather than just "technical difficulties... we will be back in an immeasurable amount of time". All it would have taken is one look at a forum like dnforum.com to see how many people are pissed off about this.
Reply Quote
Posted By magik
3/3/2009 08:25
Ok, we can understand you not being able to send out emails but why such a lame message on the home page?

Why not a couple of lines reassuring your customers?

Are you aware that on at least one domain-name related message board there was a discussion titled, "Dynadot, the next RegisterFly?"

A few words of explanation would have avoided all the speculation and doubt.

[This post has been edited by k_a_pondicherry_in on Mar 3, 2009 8:27am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By i
3/4/2009 11:04
Email now received. Thank you.

I'm still waiting though for a reply to the message that I sent you concerning inconsistences in my account and grace delete requests. Two domains were restored to my account and I was able to successfully delete them. However, another domain is showing an incorrect create date and therefore cannot be deleted, even though it is still within the grace period. The grace period on another name that I wished to delete expired before I was able to access my account.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved very soon.

[This post has been edited by m_c_london_gb_2 on Mar 4, 2009 5:00pm.]
Reply Quote
3/4/2009 13:59
Shame Dynadot Shame , Shame Shame

You was in a position to communicate via front page but you did not.

RegisterFly :-)
Reply Quote