Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Severely lacking
Posted By ashkir
3/27/2017 07:53
Hello.

I tried to use the VPS hosting and it is severely lacking compared to your competition.

- SSL is a requirement for anyone running a business to even connect to ZPanel.
- I would've paid extra for cPanel over the knockoff.
- Your services, and all of your hosts are going to become inaccessible for a majority of web users very shortly when Chrome and Firefox kicks in their secure browsing features. They're already giving warnings stating your VPS is unsecure.
- Your documentation is severely lacking, and skips around quite a bit.
- There are NO nameservers, and this throws off a lot of people who are used to hosting. Using A Records feels like I'm back in 1999. I would suggest adding NameServers as an option. A lot of people including myself would much prefer to use nameservers.
- There is NO way, no matter how many times your support says there is to access the true root, so I can upload a large SQL via SSH or PHPMyAdmin.
- You cannot alter max upload size for your own zPanel on your own "full root control" host.
- There is no SFTP option.

Your support pretty much avoided my questions in the tickets I've had. So I requested a refund. They were very fast with the refund.

Finally your VPS hosting is truly unmanaged with no documentation. You kind of need doucmentation since you use a control panel nobody has ever heard of.

I'm very disappointed in Dynadot. I was considering moving more of my domains here. But, I guess not. If your support is this bad, am I going to be terrified when I run into a problem with my domains?
Reply Quote
5/29/2019 11:34
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We have let our engineers know to look at the issues outlined above, and they will be making improvements, as they are regularly doing.

In the meantime, please do keep an eye out for news on any updates, which will be mentioned through our marketing team in the monthly newsletter.
Reply Quote