Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Server is busy
Posted By roma
9/2/2012 03:24
Nowadays, I cannot reg any domain via API, during "drop times". It returns "server is busy".

If I cannot use API when I need it, what is meaning of it?

I think you should provide more powerful API infrastructure which doesn't give a busy message.

------------

Another issue is "blocking". Not only for API but also for bulk search you are blocking me a lot. I am domain trader and spend a lot of money for it, but my provider says me "you cannot check whois, or reg and try 10-20 minutes later" Nonsense...
Reply Quote
9/2/2012 15:21
We are constantly working to increase our Registry connections.  Since we opened the API up to all customers,  we had to allocate all available connections.  They are allocated based on spending.  If your spending is low,  you will likely receive a 'server busy' message during key drop times.  Bring your account up to Bulk or Super Bulk pricing status,  and you will see this message less and less.  

As for our search quotas,  we have to limit this in some way.  You can search up to 480 domains in 48 minutes.  After that,  you will be asked to wait a while.
Reply Quote
Posted By roma
9/2/2012 23:50
I am a bulk user, and I always get server is busy during same times. And you say I should spend more money (now abouf 2k, more than 1k in last month) to get a service which you have to provide? Funny.
Reply Quote
9/3/2012 15:09
No,  that's not what we're saying.  I apologize for the confusion.  The way we allocate API connections is not meant to increase spending,  only to give us something to go by.  We are still adding new connections, and will continue to do so,  but, where we used to offer this service only to our Bulk and SuperBulk customers,  we now offer it to all Dynadot  customers with any order history at all.  In an effort to remain fair to our Bulk and SuperBulk customers, and because we had to allocate available connections somehow,  we decided to allocate based on spending. I'll include an example below,  you'll see they are directly correlated:

Total Spending                          Number Of Connections
5000                                            5000
2000                                            2000
500                                             500
100                                             100
1                                               1
0                                               0

We are aware that  the 'server busy' error is still an issue during peak drop times and are adding connections whenever possible.  It is quite a detailed and time-consuming processes,  but we are committed to it.
Reply Quote
Posted By roma
9/4/2012 11:47
Sorry but I don't believe in your words. I have been using Dynadot API for 7-8 months and now...

You block API connections exactly at 6 PM (GMT) and there is no response except "server is busy"

I think you don't want any rival for your own backorder system. This is not fair business.

I will go deep about this.
Reply Quote
Posted By roma
9/10/2012 00:39
I think nothing will change about this.

It was my pleasure to work with Dynadot since 2006. But there is no working API, it is the time to say goodbye. It is my last month here.
Reply Quote
9/10/2012 15:43
We do not block API connections to increase our backorder ability.  The server gets busy during drop times because more people are using the API at those times.  

We offer backorders to those not familiar or comfortable with the API.  It is very reasonable, only for com and net domains, and not intended to be competition for our customers.

Dynadot has a very limited concern for profit.  Our goal is to get you online.
Reply Quote
Posted By roma
9/10/2012 23:18
Yesterday, it works like a charm. Even I couldn't catch any domain, it didn't give a server is busy response.

I am glad to see it like this and hope it continues.
Reply Quote
9/11/2012 15:31
Excellent,  very glad to hear it.     :)
Reply Quote
7/16/2019 13:55
Reply Quote
7/25/2019 09:06
Reply Quote