Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Response to the Dynadot DNS issue has been horrible
8/25/2019 13:49
So far the only responses that I've seen have been telling the user that it's their issue, other than that in the 13+ hours since this issue started there has not been a single acknowledgement that massive issues are happening across your network. I can't get my own support ticket answered. I don't get an answer on this forum. I don't get an answer on social media. I can't start a support chat because it's either offline or "busy". But still, no simple acknowledgment that there is a problem, which terrifies me because that means you may not even be working on a solution!

This is completely embarrassing and not the company I thought I was doing business with.
Reply Quote
8/25/2019 14:48
Cannot disagree on this. I am experiencing this problem as well with multiple domains of mine and if it isnt resolved by tomorrow 8AM CET I start losing $... Didn't find anything on twitter/the blog.. anywhere. And no response to my ticket as well...
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 03:10
Any responses? Its been almost 24hours now that the dns on the domains isn't working.
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 06:10
We're having the same "unknown host" issue. Dynadot's chat support said they're working on fixing it.
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 09:59
it's a nightmare. more than 24 hours without any solution. i'll move my domains away but it can take up to 5-7 days :(
Reply Quote
8/26/2019 12:29
I've been using Dynadot for over 10 years and this is the first major problem that has affected me.
I agree with the original post here that the response and communication about what's happening hasn't been acceptable.
There should also be a Status page that lists and keeps people up to date on these sort of problems or outages.

Transparency is key Dynadot, and it allows people to make alternative arrangements.  

Since we don't use Dynadot to host our websites I was able to move switch our nameservers and point our most important domains to a different provider's name servers.
I've had to re-create the DNS settings on the different provider's name servers, and then change the domain's nameservers to point over there for the time being.

Locally DNS is resolving now, but with some ISPs overriding and having longer TTL (Time to Live) settings a number of users are still getting NXDOMAIN (Non existent domain) errors.

To the poster mentioning moving their domains away, I would try re-setting up your DNS settings on a different name server and switch name servers first.
Name servers don't have to point to your actual domain registrar - although it's usually just easier to leave them that way.

Reply Quote