Forums

Forums -> Customer Feedback -> DNS Settings for ownership verification
j_a_c_mandaue_city_ph posted:
Hi! I am new with this (zero experience), I want to list my domain at Sedo, they request for owner self verification, they gave an instruction on how to do it, but it is different, and now I am so confuse, under the DNS settings, I chose the TXT record, but there is only one option there, (only the IP address or host name.) different from the instruction because there are two options (the Response and the Host). My question is where should I put my Verification ID. And also, in the TLL they say I will put 3600, but there is no 3600.
Any reply is highly appreciated.
ReplyQuote9/19/2019 11:26
teamdynadot posted:
Hi, looks like our chat support was able to assist you earlier. @ just means that the TXT record is for your root domain and you can enter it into the Domain Record (required) field on DNS page, Verification ID needs to be entered in the "IP Address or Target Host" box. TTL value is typically given in seconds,  so 3600 would be 1 hour.
ReplyQuote9/20/2019 19:44
I am having trouble with this also. This is my first time trying to list a Dynadot domain on Sedo. I have entered the following but I am still not ownership verified on Sedo:

Domain Record (required):

Record Type "TXT"
IP Address or Target Host "*self-verification ID*"

Time to Live (TTL) (optional) 1 hour

Am I missing something? Do I need to add anything else?

ReplyQuote1/31/2020 02:18
All good now! I guess I was just impatient... oops

FYI anyone else struggling just follow these steps:

l_t_edinburgh_gb says: I am having trouble with this also. This is my first time trying to list a Dynadot domain on Sedo. I have entered the following but I am still not ownership verified on Sedo:

Domain Record (required):

Record Type "TXT"
IP Address or Target Host "*self-verification ID*"

Time to Live (TTL) (optional) 1 hour

Am I missing something? Do I need to add anything else?

ReplyQuote1/31/2020 02:21
Great, thanks for letting us know!
ReplyQuote2/11/2020 23:56
Hi,

Under Custom DNS settings for my domain, I have to add(DKIM) CNAME and VALUE given by amazon web services. But I see only 1 field against the CNAME dropdown which is "IP Address or Target Host". Where do I copy the Value part of the record? There is no field for VALUE in Custom DNS settings page.
Sample record I need to add is shown below:

NAME: _amazonses.www.bharatposters.com
TYPE: TXT
VALUE: 6nPHPemW7ke8fackblSD7sU2ASsXRcIQHtX8xLO
ReplyQuote3/21/2020 03:30
The value: 6nPHPemW7ke8fackblSD7sU2ASsXRcIQHtX8xLO goes in the "IP address or Target Host" section and in the subdomain field, you simply need _amazonses.www

If you have any problems with setting this up please do contact us on our chat or info@dynadot.com.  
ReplyQuote3/22/2020 02:47
Thank you, I have added in the said fields. I am also given some more information(CNAME) to be added in DNS settings.
DKIM Record Set
Name                                                                                                                               Type                                                           Value
tt7crakyichull3zr3qnblti7gqu._domainkey.www.bharatposters.com          CNAME         tt7crakyichull3l5aqzr3qnblti7gqu.dkim.amazonses.com
shob74lsxsvtagj2bz5c2h5i2lha7._domainkey.www.bharatposters.com      CNAME         shob74ltagj2bz5c2h5i6k42lha7.dkim.amazonses.com
m2kccgk4awzmawzch3ig6xpbxwsu24am._domainkey.www.bharatposters.com  CNAME     m2kcgk4awzch3ig6xpbxwsu24am.dkim.amazonses.com

Where should I add these 3 records?

Regards
Praveen
ReplyQuote3/26/2020 14:46
Hello,

I can see you have set name severs with the domain. As the name severs can't co-exist with DNS record. All the other setting would need to be configured in your sever.
If you choose to use the Custom DNS instead of name severs, just follow these steps to add CNAME records:
1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
3. Check the box next to the domain name(s) and select "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk action" drop-down menu.
4. On the new page, select the "Custom DNS" option from the drop-down menu.
5. Under the "Subdomain Record (optional)" field, enter the Name as the subdomain(just the prefix before the domain. For example tt7crakyichull3zr3qnblti7gqu._domainkey.www.bharatposters.com, you just need to enter tt7crakyichull3zr3qnblti7gqu._domainkey.www, the system will append the domain to it) , select "CNAME" as the record type and enter the CNAME record given to you.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
ReplyQuote3/31/2020 20:09