Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Auth code by API
Posted By nb1
4/22/2020 14:43
I would really like to be able to unlock a domain and obtain the auth code via the API. As I sell domains this would allow me to automate delivery of auth codes to buyers rather than making them wait for me to manually get the code.  

If its a concern about security maybe a setting in the API settings that asks, if auth codes by API should be allowed for that account or not. If that has not been toggled on the request would fail.
Reply Quote
Posted By nb1
4/26/2020 13:41
It seems getting auth codes in bulk can't even be done manually though the interface without begging your support to enable it first, and when they do enable it its only for 24 hours.

I can certainly understand your desire to keep things secure and appreciate it. While not as active or spending as much as some of your customers as a domain investor I do regularly make purchases from your expired domain auctions. I also decided a while back to consolidate all my domains acquired from you and other auction platforms to another registrar which means I am regularly transferring domains out of Dynadot. As a result your security precautions are making it difficult and inconvenient for me to do so.

I think the ideal solution would be to allow a customer such as myself to opt into unlocking domains and obtaining auth codes via you domain management API. Every other registrar tied to an auction platform I use offers this already, and I take advantage of it to automatically transfer the domains upon eligibility.  I would really like to be able to do the same with Dynadot. Even if it required a one-time signed written request to enable on my account.

At a minimum though if you do not intend to offer that ability via the API an option to leave bulk downloads enabled permanently would be the next best thing, Though I personally would hope you consider adding it to the API so I could automate it and focus on my acquisitions and sales, not on portfolio management.
Reply Quote