Expand Your Online Horizons with This Week's Launching TLDs!
Today we're introducing our newest domains, all of which are tailored to expand your site's horizons! .LAT, .இந்தியா, .ভারত, .ભારત, .భారత్, .بھارت, and .ਭਾਰਤ have launched! Read more to learn about Latin America and India, the homes of these great new domains, and reach the audience you're looking for now!
About .LATin America, the home of the .LAT gTLD
Latin America is located in Central and South America, and consists of the countries in which Romance languages are spoken (Spanish, Portuguese, and French). Latin America has a total area of 8.135 million square miles (21.0696 square kilometers), and consists of a total of 26 countries, the largest being Brazil, and the smallest being Saint Martin. The main languages spoken in Latin America are Spanish and Portuguese, however French and many indigenous languages are also spoken. Latin America is Intern Sam's favorite place on the planet - here's 5 fun facts to show you just how awesome it is!
- Colombia produces over 60% of the world’s most expensive Emeralds, and about 90% of the total world production.
- The widest avenue of the world is “9 de Julio” (July 9th) in Buenos Aires, Argentina; while some assure that the longest one is “Insurgentes” in Mexico D.F. with over 25 kilometres long.
- More than 20% of the world’s oxygen comes from the Amazon Rainforest, therefore its nick name “Lungs of the Planet”.
- Forbes includes eleven Latin Americans in its top one hundred 2013 list of the richest people on the planet, with the Mexican Carlos Slim ranking as the richest person on Earth.
- Mexico City sinks at a rate of 10 to 15 centimetres per year as it is built on a swamp-like soil.
Register your .LAT domain now and share your own Latin American adventures, facts, business, and more!
About .INdia, the home of our newest Indian language IDNs!
Being a county full of people, uniqueness, and culture, India is one of a kind. It is the second most populous country in the world, behind China, with a population of 1,210,193,422 people total. Throughout India, many different languages and dialects exist, creating the need for domain language diversity - which is why there's no national language! Today, our newly launched domains all mean "India" in their respective languages. With that said, check out the launched domains today, along with 5 fun facts about India!
- India is the world's largest democracy.
- India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
- India invented the game of Chess.
- Yoga was originated in India - Namaste!
- India has the largest number of post offices in the world.
Now that you know a few fun facts about India, get domaining and register for the new Indian language domains!
.ভারত (Bengali), .భారత్ (Telugu), .ભારત (Gujarati), بھارت (Urdu) .இந்தியா (Tamil), and .ਭਾਰਤ (Gurumukhi/Punjabi) launch today - register yours now and reach your audience in their own tongue! Also, don't forget about .भारत, which launched in November 2014, and is another IDN that means "India" in Devanagari (plus it's on sale!).
Post by Annabel Maw and Samantha Banks.