May The Fourth Be With .US!
Happy Star Wars Day! We want the 'fourth' to be with everyone this year, so we decided to celebrate with a super $4 .US sale! Although .US is already on sale for $5.99, today you can register your .US domain for just $4 with coupon 4US. Use it or lose it before 5/4/13 23:59 PDT!
Our $4 .US sale is the perfect time to secure your online American 'real estate' since the .US domain is the country code of the United States (US). Whether you're looking to start a personal or business website, .US will give you more options to find the domain that's right for you. For businesses, a .US domain promotes your website as American, opening you up to over 300 million customers. For individuals, .US can be a great choice for a personal site or blog. If you're planning to do a family blog, you can register something like TheSkywalkers.us or TheSkywalkerFamily.us (both available!) because .US can stand for the word us. Getting married? How about something like PadmeAndAnakin.us or even HanAndLeia.us (both also available!) for your wedding website?
Hopefully my Star Wars themed .US domain name suggestions have inspired you to think of your own (or be awesome and buy one of the above available ones). What are you waiting for? Search for your perfect domain name before our $4 .US sale ends!
And just for fun, here are 9 random Star Wars facts in honor of the soon-to-be 9 Star Wars movies:
- Only 40 theaters initially screened Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope when it was released.
- Artist Ralph McQuarrie was largely responsible for the look of all 6 Star Wars films.
- The iconic lightsaber used in the film is in reality a set dressed Graphlex 3 cell camera flash.
- Luke Skywalker's uncle's house is a real hotel in Matmata, Tunisia called Hotel Sidi Driss. The hotel is open year round and has four rooms.
- Luke Skywalker was originally going to be a dwarf.
- George Lucas based the character of Han Solo on director Francis Ford Coppola.
- R2D2 and C3PO were actually played by real actors. Kenny Baker, who is less than 4 feet tall, played R2D2 and Anthony Daniels played C3PO.
- In the original theatrical version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, when bounty hunter Greedo confronts Han Solo in the cantina, Han shoots him. In the special edition re-release, the scene was edited to have Greedo shoot at Han first and miss.
- The world's largest privately owned Star Wars collection is at Rancho Obi-Wan, which is located just up the road from us in Sonoma County, California. The museum is run by Steve Sansweet, a former Lucasfilm employee who has turned his passion for all things Star Wars into a second career.
This post was written by Robyn Norgan, who will be celebrating May the Fourth by sporting her awesome Stormtrooper shirt. Want your own? Visit ThinkGeek.com!