Dynadot Celebrates Cinco de Mayo with $5 off .MX!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Reach over 100 million people with a .MX domain. Get yours today* for $5 off until 5/5/12 23:59 PDT. Use code: 5DEMAYO. Code also applies for transfers.
Now read on for some little known facts about Cinco de Mayo and some easy two step recipes to make your holiday even better!
Did you know that Cinco de Mayo is not actually Mexican Independence Day? It is actually observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Here in the US, it is a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride, but we aren't the only other ones to celebrate this holiday.
In Vancouver, Canada Abbotsford Drop Zone holds a Cinco de Mayo skydiving event. In the Cayman Islands there is an annual air guitar competition held at the Hard Rock Cafe. On Malta, people are encouraged to celebrate Cinco de Mayo by drinking Mexican beer, specifically Corona. And in Brisbane, Australia there is an annual Mexican Festival.
No matter how you are celebrating, we wanted to get you started with some great recipes!
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cups cointreau
1 1/2 cups silver tequila
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. Combine the water lime juice, tequila, and cointreau in a half gallon pitcher. Stir to mix.
2. To serve, rub the rim of a margarita glass with lime, and dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice, and top with the tequila mixture. Garnish with a slice of lime.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, juiced and grated
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and ground black pepper
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas heated according to package directions
1 (12 ounce) package of DOLE all natural southwest salad kit
1. Combine olive oil, lime juice, peel, and cumin in small bowl. Thread shrimp onto skewers; season with salt and pepper. Brush shrimp with lime mixture. Grill until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with lime mixture. Roughly chop shrimp.
2. Combine taco ranch dressing, sour cream and shredded cheese included in the kit. Spread mixture over each tortilla; top with shrimp, salad greens and chips. Serve with favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, salsa, sliced olives and/or guacamole.
10 fresh jalapeno peppers
1 white onion, quartered
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, or more to taste
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place jalapenos in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer until jalapenos soften and begin to lose their shine, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the jalapenos with a slotted spoon, chop off the stem, and place them in a blender. Add the tomatoes and boil for 2 to 3 minutes to loosen the skin. Peel the skin from the tomatoes and add tomatoes to the blender.
2. Place the onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and black pepper in the blender with the jalapenos and tomatoes. Blend to desired consistency.
Click on the recipe titles for more information. All recipes are courtesy of allrecipes.com. Let us know some of your favorite recipes by commenting below!
*Please note that the $5 off special pricing only refers to first level .MX domains.
Post by Robyn Norgan