Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Is dynadot selling domain name logs that you're searching for?
2/19/2007 09:06
Id like an answer to that question. I have found MULTIPLE domain names which I was going to register have been taken as soon as 30 mins after I searched for them and they were open. Are you selling that information?
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 09:14
printingabook.com was snagged 30 minutes after I looked for it
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 09:19
dynadot is a great company. if you are doing this I feel that many of your customers will leave.

Check this out:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=210439
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:42
The central registry when you do a whois there are other companies that somehow get the logs. They register the domain hoping to make a quick buck when you email them.  After 4.5 days of "tasting" it they will drop it without any offers.
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:43
I'm not a fan of Afternic and Sedo
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:45
On the flip side don't like 1 million names get registered a day?
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:46
and how many of those are dropped now due to tasting?
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:51
Oh wow Chesterton Holdings picked up mine like some of the complainees
Reply Quote
2/19/2007 11:51
We are not selling search logs. We would never do something like that. Several people have asked us this recently.

When you do a search, there are several places where your info may be intercepted.

1) Between your browser, and our web server. The connection is not SSL, though we have been thinking of adding a SSL protected search. There may be people out there sniffing traffic.

2) Between our server and the central registry. This is a SSL protected connection. I know we are not selling search data, and I sincerely hope the central registries are not doing it. The main search sends your request to all registries (COM, NET, ORG, INFO, WS, etc) and if only one of them is selling data then the search is compromised.

3) From our web server back to your browser.
Reply Quote
2/20/2007 06:23
maybe this domains were recent drops and was reged by someone who was browsing droplist ?
Reply Quote
2/20/2007 18:06
This is ridiculous, if you see a good domain name jump on it! other people are also playing the same game as you, 5-10 minute is a Looooong delay to register a good name, especially when there's now name auction that grab the name a few second after they drop!

[This post has been edited by r_c_montreal_ca on Feb 20, 2007 6:07pm.]
Reply Quote