Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
IPv6 Nameservers
Posted By florin
2/26/2007 10:30
Hello,

Can we request to have IPv6 nameservers registered ?

For example to have ns1.mydomain.com pointing to an IPv6 address.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
2/26/2007 15:32
We currently do not support IPv6 at this time, so we are unable to register name servers that use IPv6.

We will add your suggestion to our feature request list for future consideration.
Reply Quote
Posted By florin
2/27/2007 12:27
It is not necessarily to have IPv6 support. It is enough to be able to send the AAAA records to the registries. When this option will be available somehow, I will start to transfer all my domains to Dynadot and I will get a Bulk credit. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Posted By florin
3/26/2007 14:49
Any news about this ?
Reply Quote
3/27/2007 11:19
Your request is still in our feature request database.

Do you want it for COM/NET domains only? I am not sure how many of the central registries support IPv6 for name servers at this time.
Reply Quote
3/15/2009 11:44
Any news about this? I decided to register my domains with dynadot instead of joker.com (which has IPv6 support), and currently I need AAAA entries :/

(It would be fine for com/net/org domains only probably)

[This post has been edited by k_s_joliet_us on Mar 15, 2009 1:34pm.]
Reply Quote
8/4/2009 02:43
Faster please?
Reply Quote
8/4/2009 15:11
Besides those that have already replied to this topic, how many of you need to be able to register name servers using IPv6?
Reply Quote
11/24/2009 22:32
I really would like IPv6 nameserver glue for my .com domains too. http://www.sixxs.net/faq/dns/?faq=ipv6glue currently still lists Dynadot as a registrar unable to provide IPv6 glue for domains.

For this to be properly enabled, Register a domain name server should take both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address for a single nameserver entry (e.g. ns1.example.com), for the domains that you can provide IPv6 glue for. (e.g. .com, .net, .org)
Reply Quote
11/25/2009 16:29
We recently added support for registering name servers with IPv6 IP addresses.
Reply Quote
12/2/2009 06:04
Dear dynadot_staff,

This appears to be correct, but is however still lacking in functionality, because I can not register BOTH an IPv4 *and* an IPv6 address to one nameserver with the registry.

As far as I know, this should be possible. Could you look into this?
Reply Quote