What is an Internationalized Domain Name?
Internationalized domain names are domain names represented by characters that use different characters than the letters a-z. Such domain names may contain non-ASCII characters such as Chinese or Russian.
Why You Should Register an Internationalized Domain Name
There are several reasons to register an IDN:
- Approximately 60 percent of Internet users are non-English speakers.
- The first and second most spoken languages in the world are Chinese and Spanish respectively (English is the third).
- The number of Internet users for whom it is difficult to use ASCII characters continues to grow.
Here are just a few reasons to choose Dynadot as your IDN registrar:
- We were one of the first registrars to support IDNs.
- We are among the top three IDN registrars (we have registered thousands of IDNs).
- We have an engineer on staff with extensive IDN experience.
- We offer IDN pre-orders prior to a new language release.
- In our control panel, IDNs are displayed in both Punycode and UTF-8 format.
To register an IDN, follow the instructions below:
- First search for your IDN using either UTF-8 or Punycode.
- Select the IDN you want to register by clicking the appropriate checkbox. (You can also add domain privacy here as well.)
- Click the "Add to Cart" button to create the order.
- If you have nothing else to add to the order, click the "Checkout" button to submit your order
What is an IDN variant?
A variant is an alternative form of the domain name.What is Punycode?
Punycode is a way to represent internationalized domain names with the limited character set ('a'-'z', '0'-'9').What is UTF-8?
UTF-8 is a variable-length character encoding that can represent characters in a foreign language.What languages do you support for IDNs?
A list of supported languages can be found on our IDN Search Page
|Learn more about IDNs from our help section: Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
Keep an eye on future IDN launches here: New Launches.
Dynadot is an ICANN accredited registrar, not a reseller.
To learn more about us, please visit our home page.
Search for an IDN
Domain Prices (IDN)