Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Reselling domains
4/3/2014 04:34
We would like to offer the ability to register domains from our website.
Using your api was easy (good job!), but pre-filling our account when we have no idea how many users will sign up is not practical.
I don't mind pre-filling if it can be done dynamically - we can collect the users payments, and dynamically add money to our accounts before purchasing if there was a way to do that.
I cannot figure out any way though.
And in truth, why not let me use their credit details and register to their name?

There are other registrars that do offer such an API - godaddy and name.com being the most famous - so it's not that I need a solution, as much as that I would much prefer to stay with Dynadot if at all possible!

Please advise if there is any way for someone like us - who would like to sell domains as part of a much larger package - to make purchases over the API.

Also, how can I test make a purchase via the API without actually it charging me?
Reply Quote
4/7/2014 17:24
We currently don't have a reseller program, so we might not offer the features you need.  As for testing the API, you can use the search command for that.
Reply Quote