Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Linking my domain to another web host
7/22/2014 15:54
Hello,

I recently bought a domain thru DynaDot.
I have created a website on SquareSpace. I'd like to "unpark" the domain, and link it to my SquareSpace site. What are the steps to do that?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
7/23/2014 12:58
You can point to Squarespace using our DNS.

How can I point my domain to Squarespace?

To point your domain to Squarespace, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. You will need to create two CNAME records. Scroll down to the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section and select "CNAME" from the drop-down menu. Enter your unique Squarespace code (the unique code that appears directly below the Host column in your Squarespace account) in the 'Subdomain' field. In the 'IP Address or Target Host' field, enter verify.squarespace.com.
  7. Remain in the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section and enter "www" as the next subdomain. Select "CNAME" from the drop-down and then enter ext-cust.squarespace.com in the "IP Address or Target Host" box. Do not enter your actual domain name.
  8. Next, you will enter the "A" records. Scroll up to the "Domain Record (optional)" section and select "A" as your record type. Enter 198.185.159.144 in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  9. Repeat this for the other three Squarespace IP addresses - 198.185.159.145, 198.49.23.144, and 198.49.23.145
  10. Click on the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

Note: Values marked as * in the picture are examples only. Please replace it with information from your host.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How can I point my domain to Squaresp...

The set up should be correct, unless Squarespace would like you to set it up differently.
Reply Quote