Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Backorder at dynadot its just funny.
4/20/2014 12:56
Just wanted to give you  the worst feedback that I ever gived to someone. 0 (zero). 10 backorders placed, 10 failures lol. Kip it up.
Reply Quote
4/21/2014 15:56
Sorry about that. We try out best to catch domain names before others do, but we cannot guarantee it. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
5/24/2014 21:19
Never use "backorders" -- from any registrar. Most never get anything because the bigger registrars are out there in seconds before a drop and, if they know there is interest, can and will just pick it up to see what they can do with it. Patience! I learned long ago: Get off thy a*s and get down with the big boys, get there at the very beginning -- if possible. & Fight! I have had some uncanny experiences which prove the big registrars can get a look / chance to take a grace period before buying & try to resell it quick. I swear some domains where gone in a half second -- or were snapped up / put on hold BEFORE they are made public. Not supposed to happen. But it does all the time. That is why Dynadot has such poor chances unless they partner for backorders with the bigger companies. Guess what? only the drippings get to DD, not their fault. So Be Smart. The advantage we have over the Big Companies is they hold onto dozens of domains with their "preview" rights -- and if they find you are interested they WILL buy it up and resell it to you. My real world experience is, BE QUIET and don't give out that you want it. If there is no interest the company will release it for auction -- be on top of this and then fight to get your domain. Good Luck.

I give you this free consulting advice because Dynadot has been largely very good to me with my 60+ domains for the past 7 years. They have the technologies which are very important, and at great prices. Obviously, "backorders" are not one them. LOL!

BarryG
Reply Quote